Conditions like tennis elbow, shoulder tendinopathies or back pain can be troublesome and long lasting. With Shockwave patients usually feel a reduction in pain after the very first session.
Shockwave therapy, alongside an exercise programme, will ensure a quicker recovery from injury and has produced excellent clinical results for muscle pain in the hip, knee, shoulder or neck.
Each treatment session takes 5 or 10 minutes and most conditions require 3 to 5 sessions, depending on the tissue response.
- Shockwave is a well-developed, safe and highly effective treatment for musculoskeletal disorders
- The shockwaves produce high energy sound waves into painful areas of the body such as tendons, ligaments, muscles and bone.
- The shockwave therapy helps to eliminate pain and restore mobility regardless of whether individuals are keen amateurs or elite sports player
- Treatment can be effective for:
- Achilles tendinopathy
- Plantar fasciitis
- Tennis and golfer’s elbows
- Trigger point issues
- Patella tendinopathy
- Shoulder tendinopathies
Shockwave treatment can be offered at Bury Physio as part of normal treatment or as part of a package with a gym programme. Research has found that using shockwave in conjunction with a supervised rehabilitation gym programme can produce the best outcomes.